Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let Me Introduce Myself

My name is Alan Wells and I am your Republican candidate for the office of Jessamine County Jailer. I am a long time Jessamine County resident, concerned citizen and tax payer. I am a second generation law enforcement officer with over 11 years of experience. I am the father of two children and the grandfather of four of the sweetest grandchildren in the world. I am a third generation member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

My law enforcement experience consists of one year with the North Carolina Department of Corrections, four years with the Gaston County Sheriff's office where I was assigned to the jail, and I am currently employed at the Fayette County Detention Center, having been there since April of 2003. During the course of my employment in the corrections system, I have been certified in CPR, first aid, work place violence suicide awareness, HIV and blood borne pathogens, weapons qualified, self defense, riot control and gang threats to name a few.

Having been employed in this field for over eleven years, I can tell you that I have done every job there is to do in a jail. I have effectively dealt with all problems arising from intake to release and everything in between. I have over 1100 hours of training covering two different jails and one state prison. I have also owned and operated two successful small businesses so I have several years of experience in dealing with budget and staffing issues.

As a previous small business owner, I am also very aware of the need to get the most out of each and every dollar. I believe that with my unique combination of public and private experience, I would be able to save the county money while still providing the necessary junctions of the county jail.


If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email at
alanwells2010@hotmail.com or by calling 859.825.8481. I will be happy to talk with you.

Sincerely,
Alan Wells
Republican Candidate for Jessamine Co Jailer

No comments:

Post a Comment